- Do I fill out the personalization first or purchase first?
It works best if you fill out the personalization form for the item you wish to purchase first. When you click submit, it will take you to the correct listing in the shop for you to continue checking out. However, if you've paid first, it's perfectly fine to submit the personalization form afterwards. We will send you an email if we have any questions.
- How will my item arrive?
Most of our items are shipped in bubble or photo mailers with US Post first class mail, which is why we can offer such low cost shipping. When we print your shipping label, you should receive an email from stamps.com with your tracking number.
Note that we can not be held responsible for loss or damage during shipping. If you would like to purchase insurance, please do so in the "shipping services" section of the store. Unfortunately, delivery people often mistreat mail and we have no control of that. If you opt to not purchase insurance, we will replace lost or damaged items at a discounted rate of 50% off the original price.
- When will the items arrive?
Please check the posted turnaround and shipping times in the sidebar of every page of our site. Add them together and you will get the ETA for your order. If you order between November 1st and December 1st for a real North Pole postmark on a Santa Letter, the letters are held and mailed to North Pole, AK together on December 2nd. These letters usually arrive in US homes around December 15th and international customers can expect them around December 22nd.
- How much is shipping?
We ship USPS first class mail for the lowest rates possible. The shopping cart will calculate shipping in the checkout process before payment is made. You may also add Priority or Express mail in the "Shipping Services" section of the web store.
- Can I have the item mailed directly to the gift recipient?
Of course! We are required to ship to the address specified on your PayPal payment*, but you may change this in PayPal to anything you like. Before submitting payment, there will be a link under the address that says "Change shipping address". Click that and enter the recipient's information instead of your own.
We know that most of our items are ordered as gifts so we never include any invoices or packing slips.
*There are a few exceptions to the rule: letters and certificates from Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy as well as telegrams. (Any items which are mailed with a postage stamp rather than a shipping label with tracking). Those are mailed directly to the recipient's address on the personalization form you fill out.
- Are you open 365 days a year?
Almost! We do take a vacation once in awhile and when we do we'll post it in the sidebar on the right side of every page of our site. The most notable time that we are closed is during the holidays. Since Elf Stacy must travel to the North Pole to help out Santa Claus, we only accept orders up until December 3rd each year. (We may close earlier if we reach the maximum number of orders we can physically process during the holidays). Please place your holiday orders as soon as possible (October and early November are the best times to do so). No orders are accepted from December 4th until we re-open in the new year.
*Our turnaround time during the holidays is usually 2 weeks and then we allow 1 week for delivery within the USA. An order placed on December 3rd then should arrive on December 24th.
- I don't live in the United States, do you ship internationally?
We are located in the United States, but will ship internationally to any country. However, please note that international orders will go through your country's customs office, and most likely you will be charged an additional fee for importing. We have no control over how much customs officials charge and it is different for every item in every country. We just want you to be aware of the extra costs involved.
- I don't use PayPal, can I send in payment?
We prefer PayPal. It is an incredibly easy and safe way to pay online, and you may pay with a credit card without even opening a PayPal account. However, you may send in a check, money order, or cash if you like. Just remember that checks can take up to 10 days to clear, and letters are not processed until payment is received.
- What do I do if there is an error?
In the very rare case that there is a typo on the item, we can reprint another one that you can exchange for the misprinted one. You can say that the mistake was magically fixed. If the error was the mistake of the person ordering and is on the submitted form or communication, there will be a reprint charge of 50% off the original price + shipping/tax if applicable. If the error was on our part, the reprint is free. Please note that due to the personalized nature of the product, no refunds will be issued. Please double check your personalization before submitting. Legendary Letters is not responsible for any errors or omissions on forms, payments, or communications submitted the buyer. Please understand that all of us here flunked Divination and we can not know that you meant something other than what you gave us.
- What are your Terms of Service?
By ordering from our site, you agree to our Terms of Service. Here are the important points that you are agreeing to summarized:
1. Due to the personalized nature of our products, no returns are accepted and no refunds issued. You understand that once we receive and fulfill an order, our resources are consumed and can not be used again.
2. We are not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged mail. You may purchase insurance for a small fee by adding it in the "shipping Services" section of the web store. Items may be considered lost in the mail if they do not arrive at their destinations 2 weeks after mailing date (or 6 weeks for international orders). If you opt not to purchase insurance, we will replace your lost or damaged items at a discounted rate of 50% off the original price. If you do purchase insurance, we will file a claim and then replace at no charge.
3. Errors on an item will be replaced with a corrected version. Typos that are our fault are replaced at no charge. Typos that are on the order form and the fault of the person ordering, will be charged a 50% reprint fee. Please proofread your answers before submitting. For most items we MUST use the official order form that was submitted. If you need to make corrections, you should immediately re-submit the form AND email us about which form to use and the differences so we will not mistakenly use the wrong one. If you do not notify us specifically detailing the correct version, we can not be held responsible if the one we choose isn't the one you wanted. Please be very careful when filling out the forms and recheck your answers before submitting. If we have already printed, you will be charged a reprint fee of 50%.
4. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any, or no, reason whatsoever.
5. Each item is custom made and may vary slightly from images posted on the site. We may need to take creative license with the positioning of personalized text and other attributes of our items so that they look their best. Note that any foul or hurtful language will be edited out as all our items must be PG rated.
- Do items with wax seals go through the mail OK?
We place our items with wax seals inside a padded outer envelope or photo mailer so that they will not be damaged in postal equipment. We also use faux wax which is sturdier than real wax and will not crumble apart. However, please note in instances of extreme heat, they may re-melt in transit. If this happens and your item arrives stuck to the bubble mailer, the best thing to do is gently rip the mailer down the back where it isn't stuck to release the contents and then very carefully peel the wax seal away. If you are able to postpone your order until cooler weather that works too. Unfortunately, we can not be responsible for any damage.
If you plan to use our wax seals to mail your own letters, we recommend also placing them inside an outer envelope when mailing. Write non-machinable on the outer envelope and be sure to affix extra postage for hand canceling.
- Are you able to use foreign special characters with your fonts?
Unfortunately, most of the fonts we use for our items do not have the special characters used in many foreign languages such as accent marks, tildes, cedillas, etc. We apologize for the inconvenience and promise to use them whenever possible, but we may need to use a different font than the ones shown in our photos. If you absolutely want the ones shown, please leave off the special characters when filling out the form. You can always add them in by hand once you receive the items.
- What if I need to change some information?
For most items we MUST use the official order form that was submitted. If you need to make corrections, you should immediately re-submit the form AND email us about which form to use and the differences so we will not mistakenly use the wrong one. If you do not notify us specifically detailing the correct version, we can not be held responsible if the one we choose isn't the one you wanted. Please be very careful when filling out the forms and recheck your answers before submitting. If we have already printed, you will be charged a reprint fee of 50%. Please be sure that you get an email back from us saying that we made the change(s).
- What is your turnaround time?
Since all of our items are made to order and many are personalized, it takes a little time to give each order the care and attention it deserves. Please check the current turnaround and shipping times posted in the sidebar of every page on the site. Add them both together and you will be able to calculate the ETA for your area.
- Can you mark international orders as "gift"?
I have had many international buyers ask me to mark merchandise as "gift" on the customs form so they do not have to pay import duties. It is illegal to falsify a customs document and I will not do this (I don't want to end up on Santa's naughty list!). The US Postal Service knows we are a business as they pick up every day. However, if the items you ordered count as documents, I will mark them as such. I do not know if this helps or not. The only time I mark an item as a gift is if the recipient won the item in one of our Facebook giveaways.
- PayPal says my shipping address is unconfirmed?
You will receive 2 emails after your order is completed. Stamps.com will send you an email as soon as we print the shipping label (remember that their ETA estimates are way off -- please use ours). You will also receive an email from PayPal when we manually mark the order as completed. (Sometimes if we are really busy it will take up to a week to mark it completed after it has shipped). Be sure to use the tracking number Stamps.com gives you so you know exactly where it is (but wait a couple days after the email so there is time for it to update). If the PayPal email says the shipping address was unconfirmed, don't worry. All that means is that the address didn't match the credit card you used. We know many of our customers send our items as gifts so that's perfectly fine. As long as the person receives daily mail at the address it shouldn't be a problem.
- How do I know which version of an item to order?
A few of our items have several options and versions. Please check out our photo gallery by using the gallery link above. Also, be sure to read all instructions on the personalization forms which will explain when and how to select the correct options and version for your recipient.
- PayPal asks for my phone number. Why?
For international orders, the phone number you enter will be automatically included with your address on the shipping/customs label. It's really important that you include it because that is how many foreign countries contact you if there are any problems in transit or customs. Some countries don't offer daily delivery of mail and will need it to notify you that you have a package waiting. If you don't include the phone number, there is a risk that your item(s) will be returned to us. Not only will it take a very long time to get back to you, you will be charged shipping again to have it resent. Please include your phone number if at all possible. (It's not necessary to enter a phone number if you are located in the United States).
- Should I order the magical version?
The magical version means that the writing of the acceptance letter and 2nd sheet of books and equipment will be green foiled rather than done in green ink. It gives it a magical appearance because when the light hits it at a certain angle it is shiny and reflective. However, please note that the foiling process isn't perfect. Differences in the foil, paper, temperature, and humidity will affect it so that there may be tiny areas throughout where the foil doesn't adhere. It's a matter of personal preference if you choose green foil or green ink. The foil gives a special touch that younger recipients may really like. The green ink is probably better if you plan to frame the letter since the foil may not show well under glass. It's really up to you which you choose.
- Can I pay extra for my order to be put at the head of the line?
No, unfortunately, our current processing time as shown in the right hand column of every page on the site is firm. We do not believe it is fair to our customers to accept payment to put an order through to the front of the line (and if everyone paid a special fee for rush processing, then the processing time would stay the same as it already is).
- I didn't add the processing & shipping times together correctly & really need to purchase rush shipping. Can I do that after I've placed an order?
Sure! You may purchase rush shipping in the "Shipping Services" section of the store and in the note to seller in PayPal, just let us know the date of the previous order you would like it applied to. As long as the rush shipping payment comes in a couple days before the current processing time ends, we should be able to apply it in time.